For one of our clients, we have implemented and developed a dedicated IT system that supports critical processes in the enterprise. The company for which we carried out this project is one of the largest companies in Europe, which successfully mark its presence on local and international markets.
Our task was to maintain and develop one of the most important systems for the client in the area of accounting processes for retail sales transactions by introducing new projects. Organizationally, the system covered front and middle office processes as well as management. The implementation was entrusted to our company due to the previous, several-year partnership with the client in the area of creating dedicated IT software. During this cooperation, we made over a dozen dedicated systems for the client's organization.
Our tasks in the project:
A. Maintenance of the key IT system
B. Development of the IT system by adding new functionalities and introducing changes to existing functionalities
1-Errors in the current system, requiring immediate repair with little documentation.
2-Risk of delays customer settlement with current partners in sales chains.
3-Exceeded timeliness of delivering the results in the project.
4-The problem of exceeding the deadlines for the implementation of new functionalities and modifications.
5-Extending system testing deadlines.
6-Widening scope of requirements, which was revealed only during implementation (scope / requirements creep, hidden requirements problem).
7-Organization of several production teams working in parallel at the organizational and tool level, lead environments, conflicts during code merging, work on outdated codes, etc.
8-Fears of regular audits that revealed errors in accounting processes that had to be corrected in a very short period of time.
9-Widening scope of requirements, which was revealed only during implementation (scope / requirements creep, hidden requirements problem).
1.Flexible approach to the client - Focus on remote work and work at the client's premises only in the case of initial analytical work on complex topics.
2. Development of the transaction handling system - Improvement and development of the transaction handling system achieved in 3 weeks, thanks to which the company avoided system errors indicating loss of sales value at the level of several dozen million PLN.
3.Emphasis on timely delivery of subsequent system elements - As a result of systematized work, we were able to add new functionalities to the system on time.
4. Organization of exemplary system maintenance and development - We have achieved the synergy effect by reconciling the work of multidisciplinary teams on one IT system
5. Emphasis on standardizing processes and joint work planning.
6. Implementation of process automation and SAP ERP in order to increase the precision and pace of implementation of tasks in the project, as well as to better manage finances and logistics in the enterprise.
Technologies and processes used in the project
1.We have implemented the process based on the guidelines of IEEE 828-1998 SW Configuration Management Plans and IEEE 828-2012 Configuration Management in Systems and Software Engineering.
2. We have defined and implemented an improved analysis and design process. The analysis process was based on teamwork, implementing an effective verification and validation process of requirements in accordance with the BABOK Guide (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) - increasing the quality of requirements.
3. The use of the SCRUM methodology. We have also transferred knowledge about work to business stakeholders in order to create the synergy effect of teamwork, which resulted in a high increase in efficiency, with a decreasing number of errors in the system in favor of its development - building new functionalities.
4. The streamlined processes were supported by appropriate CASE tools.
1.The achieved stability of the system's operation to perform 1 million transactions per month
2.Reducing the number of SLA requests in the company's operations department.
3.New integration with an external foreign system along with data synchronization and CRUD operations.
4.Implementation of international IT standards based on IEEE standards, also implementation of BABOK and SCRUM agile work methods.
5.Application of technics for data acquisition.
6.Comprehensive monitoring of KPIs.
7.System integration with SAP ERP.
The Net PC team maintained and developed the IT system despite a small amount of documentation, symptoms of its destabilization, and the lack of an optimal organizational and technical environment. The provided functionalities and modifications made it possible to perform many business operations in a more effective and efficient manner. Modifications and new functionalities of the IT system were implemented in an ecosystem integrated with over 50 other systems (including SAP). The system helped the client to integrate the company's activities, thanks to which the organization can focus on further business development. For the client, the key was the comprehensive implementation of the project (analysis and design, implementation, testing, regular releases) including new integration with an external foreign system (sale of new products) along with data synchronization and CRUD operations. The client also plans to cooperate with our team in the future.
Commandos of IT, Christopher and Tom are looking forward to the next tech adventures!